This blog is written in conjunction with EDUC 463 at Penn State Lehigh Valley. Ideas expressed here do not represent Penn State or my employer.
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Screencasting with Quizlet
Quizlet is a learning tool that students and teachers can use for formative assessment. It allows users to create study sets and then practice the material, much like we used to do with paper-and-pencil flashcards, but with much richer options.
As you can see, in addition to flashcards, students can create self-scoring quizzes and tests, and they can also play a variety of games. From an organization standpoint, users can also create classes and folders to help keep information organized in a meaningful way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Catherine,
ReplyDeleteI also chose Quizlet as my Web 2.0 tool to share :) I like how simple it is to use, and that students can study on their own and at their own pace. I planning on introducing it to my classes before the holiday break so they can begin to use it to study for their midterms. Such a great way to help students review for assessments!
Agreed! And we can use it in class as a review activity as well. I love any tool that makes our lives easier, and I think it is "fun" enough that it appeals to students, as well.
ReplyDelete